Stumped in Idaho????

Users who are viewing this thread

mkdap

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago my father-in-law and I drove a sand point. We went down 24 feet and hit about 14 feet of water. We put the check valve on and ran Polly pipe about 60 feet to a pump house and screwed on a 1HP pump. It was a non-priming pump so we primed it up and it started pumping water! When we went to start another hose we lost pressure to everything. After about a dozen tries we thought maybe it was the check valve since when we would pitcher pump it...water would not stay at the top when we unscrewed the pump....After changing that and adding another check valve since it would still do it....we had no luck!!! Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas as what it might be? As of the moment I have someone checking out the pump to see if thats the problem!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

mkdap

Reaction score
Stumped in Idaho???

When we changed the check valve there was still 14 feet of water. Do you think that it just runs out that fast and then fills again or how ever that works? I believe we primed at the first check valve and then again at the 2nd check valve and when we put the pump on? Do you have any other suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks