Problem with vacuity install?

Users who are viewing this thread

cww

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a vacuity toilet. On the back of the bowl there is a raised "bar", such that the tank, when tightened down completely, is not level. It leans forward.

If I can manage to insert this image, here is what it looks like from the side:
https://terrylove.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=356&stc=1

The tank is already resting on the "bar" even before tightening:
https://terrylove.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=357&stc=1

Here's the bottom of the tank:
attachment.php

When I tighten the tank bolts, the larger foam seal gets compressed and I've got the leaning toilet of Pisa. If I don't tighten it that much, it leaks. Any suggestions? I've been thinking of trying to grind down the bar on the back of the bowl a few mm, but I'm not sure how to (or if I can) do that.

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• tank_bot.jpg
    tank_bot.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,064
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 578
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

cww

Reaction score
I would say it is 5-8 degrees. It is enough that it is obviously leaning out from the wall when installed. But it isn't so bad that the seat won't stay up.

Thanks again for your advice.

Mike Carney

Reaction score
I have installed a number of these toilets and found that I could tighten the bolts enough to make the entire tank level and this compressed and sealed the gaskets sufficiently. I suspect Briggs designed the lip to keep us from cranking down the seals too far! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks