Kohler Sink installation/parts

Users who are viewing this thread

aueander

Reaction score
We are installing a new Kohler sink (Iron/Tones® Smart Divide® offset kitchen sink- K-6498). It says to use Adjustable P-trap with tubing outlet, 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" for installation. Do I have to use the Kohler brand ($112.05) or can I get this piece elsewhere?

Thank you

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That trap is suitable for display under glass at the local art museum. In my humble opinion, I would never spend that on kitchen trap. If the sink happend to be in an open cabinet where that beautiful high chrome polish over solid cast brass, and those stylish nuts, could be appreciated...well I still wouldn't , unless the customer was just dying to spend $125 bucks, instead of $17.95 for his trap. Most folks will get a $4.95 PVC version.

Other than the high end styling and material, there is nothing "different" about that item.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Kohler

Everything Kohler makes is overpriced, so they would prefer that you buy things from them. ANY 1 1/2" tubular trap and accessory pieces will work, regardless of the material they are made from.

aueander

Reaction score
Thank you. I was hoping to hear that! I didn't really want to spend that much on a piece like that. Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks