Sewage Ejector Pump Location

Users who are viewing this thread

bergs54

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of adding a bathroom to an inlaw unit behind our house. The unit is about forty feet from the house sewer line. Best guess is the new bathroom will be about 1-2 ft below the bathroom of the house. I believe that I will have to install a sewage ejector pump in order to compensate for this elevation difference. My question is, is there any reason why I couldn't install the pump / basin in the crawlspace to the house, i.e. about 40 feet away from the toilet / sink / shower that it will service? Also, can someone recommend a pump for infrequent use (only when relatives are here to visit -- probably for 1 week at time four times a year).

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bathroom

If it is only going to 2' below the existing floor level, there is a good chance that you may not need a pump, depending on the actual depth of your horizontal sewer line. You might need a better than average plumber to figure out how to do it, and you might also want to raise the building slightly if that is all it takes to make it work without a pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks