ADA Recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

elgato

Reaction score
I need to replace my Parents' standard toilet with a reasonably priced ADA height model. They would prefer a round bowl. An ADA Drake with round bowl and Sanigloss would be perfect but it appears that it does not exist.

Are there any good ADA height units with a round bowl?

They may have to settle for a DrakeII elong. with Sanigloss.

Recommendations?

Thank You

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't believe round bowls are available in ADA height from any manufacturer. Elongated bowls are pretty much the normal bowl for most folks, they are "male friendly" and take up little, if any more space. The Drake will be an excellent choice.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Correction to my last post. There are some ADA height toilets that have round bowls. The Toto Drake does not come in round.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell the Toto Entrada for those looking for a tall bowl and round front
26-5/8" long, 16-1/8" high

CST243EF

cst243ef_spec_pic.jpg

The Drake ADA is 28" long and 16-1/2" high
CST744EL
CST744SL

Promenade
CST423EFG Tall 16-1/8" round bowl with CEFIONTECT Ecoflush
CST423SFG Tall 16-1/8" round bowl with CEFIONTECT G-Max

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think an ADA rating on a toilet requires elongated...those are required for commercial use. There are various toilets that are the right height, but I think it's the combination of height and shape that lets it get an ADA rating. Not all toilets are created equal, and an elongated toilet bowl may not be longer than an older round one. The older ones needed a bigger tank pushing it out further into the room (often 5+ gallons), and the new ones a max of 1.6g. Now, pretty much all new toilets hold more water than that to give it more oomph, but they dont' dump it all, but nowhere near the 5+ gallons of old.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
ADA can be regular rim as well as elongated it is the height including the seat it needs to be "17-19".
This is why there used to be a 18" high bowl, because the guy who was writing the codes didn't realize it included a seat, when they found out this was wrong (a long time later) they changed the specs to 16-1/2" as the standard for ADA bowls.

elgato

Reaction score
What a nightmare!
Stopped in at Winnelson on a Monday to get a quote on a Promenade 423SFG. $*** with a week to 10 days delivery. Ordered it on Friday and checked back the following Friday. "we cant find your order, will call you back" No return call. Same thing on the following Monday. Talked to them again on Tue. "we cant find your order and estimated delivery time is four weeks"
So it looks like I need a second choice candidate that is actually available. How does the Dalton compare to the G-Max models? Is it possible that the new design Champion 4's are OK? Stay away from Cimmarons, correct?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The round or the elongated Entrada works fine.

TOTO Entrada CST243EF

Or the Cimarron would work too.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks