(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Mansfield 300 series Silcock leaking

Unhappy Mansfield 300 series Silcock leaking

Hello,

I bought an older house and noticed that the outdoor faucet was leaking after I had shut it off. I got to looking at the writing on the handle and its a
    Mansfield Silcock model 300 I assume, it just has a handle and a down spout.

I took mine apart and behind the handle there is a plastic nut that unscrews counter clockwise and has a rubber O ring casket and on the shaft there was a metal washer and a cone shaped casket. So I go online and order a Mansfield silcock 300,400,500 series repair kit. There is no cone shaped washer in this kit that will fit onto the shaft, there is a smaller cone shaped washer but won't fit. The only washer that will fit is a flat washer. I used this flat washer but when the water is shut off the silcock still dribbles water from the down spout. I have even taken the shaft out and replaced the rubber 1/4s casket on the end of the shaft. After all said and done still dribbles water.

Please help, what else can I do with out having to get a plumber to replace the entire silcock?

Thanks

Director of sales and marketing NPMSTR's Avatar

Use the longer of the 2 packings, as the plastic packing nut it tightened, it forms the packing into the cone shaped you are looking for.

Thank You for helping me, I will change the packing washer.

Thanks again