float and pressure switches

Users who are viewing this thread

mak123

Reaction score
Like below drawing, pump connects to tank and I need to control pump like this: (1) pump starts when pressure in pipe drop under 30psi, pump stops when pressure reachs 70 psi, and (2) pump stops when water in tank almost empty ( sensored by the float switch), pump starts when water full and pressure switch indicates less than 30 psi at the same time.(even water full, but pressure is over 30psi, no need to start pump)

So, I need to set up two power on-off switches, one is pressure switch the other is float swich.

Can anyone let me know who can I actually hook-up and set-up these two switches so that pump operates(stop and run) properly?

Thanks much

Attachments

• pump-tanks.jpg
    pump-tanks.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 384

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
30 to 70 is an extremely wide band width. You need more like 50 to 70. Either way with a 100 GPM pump, you need 4 to 6 big pressure tanks with the pressure switch, or you can use a Cycle Stop Valve and one tank. You just need to wire the float switch and pressure switch in series to the motor controller.

mak123

Reaction score
so, connection runs from electricity panel to (1) float switch ==> (2) serial connection to pressure switch==> (3) then to pump, right? thanks

Attachments

• serial-connection.jpg
    serial-connection.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 366

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Most pressure switches can handle the load of a 2 HP pump or smaller but, the float switch usually can’t. So you need to use a relay to start the pump and attach the wiring as you have drawn to the relay, not the pump. 3 HP and larger pumps will need a starting panel, and you can run the pressure switch wires to the relay in the pump panel.
You can’t just stick a pressure switch on the pipe line as you have drawn. You either need to put the switch on a pressure tank or tanks large enough to deliver at least 1 gallon per GPM of your pump, or you can use a Cycle Stop Valve and a small pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks