Second Bladder Tank sounds empty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
The deep submersible well system I have has two 200 gallon well-x-trol bladder tanks. They probably figured we needed them for 3 houses and a 3 gpm well. I am the only one using the well and have noticed ever since I started using the well 7 years ago that the second tank, furthest from the pump sounds empty when I knock on it. The first tank closest to the well has a more solid sound when you knock on it (maybe its waterlogged). I know this is not very scientific but I figure you experienced guys may be able to tell me what is going on by the sound a tank makes when you wrap on it. Tanks are 10-12 years old and I have been using the well for 7 years. The tanks have been that way since I hooked on. I know I need to drain them and check the air pressure but have not done so yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks