Turbonics Hydronic System Help, Please

Users who are viewing this thread

dlawb

Reaction score
Hi,

Bit of a newbie here.

I'm looking at a Turbonics hydronic heating system with mainly wall-mounted fan units.

1) The Taco circulator cartridge is running a lot and the body gets pretty hot pretty quickly. How do I know if there's a problem?

2) How do I make sure there's not air in the system and take it out if there is?

3) Is flushing the system something I can do myself?

4) It says "hot water only". In all this heat, please, for the love of all that's holy, tell me this is wrong and that I can run some cool city water through it, at least for the next couple days.

Thanks so much,

You folks are awesome.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Wall mounted units need to provide condensation protection/disposal if it's going to be used in combination with a chiller/chilled water. Can't have stuff drippin' in the wall cavity creating mold conditions, now, eh?

If you're willing to take that risk, whatever you do, don't use that water for anything else except maybe flushing toilets if you've had boiler water running through it previously. Also, it would take a substantial supply of city water to use it as a pass-through cooler- I assume you're metered?

If you want cooling, get an air conditioner or a chiller, and use a fan coil or air handler system designed with cooling issues in mind.

I'll let the hydronics installers address the rest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks