I need to replace some VERY old hardware going from my angle stops under the bathroom sink, to the faucet above. The angle stops are really old and aren't the standard 1/2" size, so I'm having trouble finding the right line to replace the old stuff.

Obviously, the easiest thing to do would be to put in new angle stops, but plumber friend has advised against that, since the copper piping is so old and could easily snap. (I'm renting anyway, and just don't need that headache...)

So I'm left with finding out what I'm supposed to do with this ancient, non-standard angle stop. I've discovered that the thread on the angle stop fit's a 1/2inch FLARE fitting exactly. The only trouble there is that the angle stop doesn't have the flare "nipple" (not sure what its called - the shape of the flare male end), so it doesn't seal.

The way I see it, I have two choices: 1. find some kind of rubber washer or gasket to put into the end of the flare line which would seal it up. 2. find a regular, non-flare line that will fit the old angle stop.

HELP! I'm in over my head...