Brush In Can

Users who are viewing this thread

Bak Pax

Retired K12 teacher
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffnet.org
I guess when a person has a problem, that is when they start looking for the right forum. With that, thanks for being here! I will use your help, and maybe I can help some of you, too.

Does anyone out there know a site on the net where I can order the lid that goes on the can of PVC glue/primer? I could use a couple, but haven't found a place on the net to order them.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There may be something I am missing here. You want to order a cap for cans of PVC solvent and primer?:confused: If you somehow do find one, the shipping costs alone would be more than a new can of solvent. I am not aware of cap/brushes being sold extra. Just buy new cans of solvent and primer.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ewing irrigation has them in their stores.on line I don't know.I would be happy to send you some slightly used ones:D Upper

Bak Pax

Retired K12 teacher
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffnet.org
I have about 7 acres of pasture land in various stages of pvc irrigation. I make my own sprinkler "holders" out of pvc. Consiquently, I go through a lot of pvc glue. The largest can of glue is cheaper than 4-5 cans of smaller cans, but the brush in the big can causes me to waist so much glue it isn't worth using. So, I like to reuse the smaller cans by refilling them with glue from the larger cans.

But, every once in a while, somehow the macho in me kicks in and I break off the brush where it is tacked at the lid.

I am hoping to buy a bunch (maybe 10) lids w/the brush already on them at a cheaper cost than having to buy another can of glue, just to get a brush. Today, I just spent $3.74 for a small can of glue........... because I needed a brush. Lids w/the brush attached has got to be cheaper than that!

Am I making sense? Thanks for the help, guys. I do appreciate it.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Perfect sense.I buy glue by the gallon.Abrush in can is 2.50 and a full can is 3.50.What do you do???? Upper

Bak Pax

Retired K12 teacher
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffnet.org
....... the shipping costs alone would be more than a new can of solvent. I am not aware of cap/brushes being sold extra. Just buy new cans of solvent and primer.

ya, Gary, got bad news for you. I have seen them online. My problem is I have "googled" every conceivable way to find them when I want them, but no luck.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I paid $3.74 for a small can this morning, just so I could have the dang brush! I remember them being under two bucks when I saw them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bak Pax

Retired K12 teacher
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffnet.org
Hey, that was a good one. It was better quality hair than I thought because when I looked again, they were $.96 each and still a "hair" over a buck when shipping was added. I bought 10, which should keep me happy for quite a few years.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The temporary disposable lid/brushes are sold everywhere.

Unless you use a TON of glue, I can't see buying it by the gallon. Once opened, it starts to go bad, and the life expectancy of an opened can is short. ( month or so??)

And the little cans just get gunked up, and reusing them must be messy. Not to mention you are mixing old glue in with the new.

I notice that the landscaper at my condo....even the smallest job they might do, like repair one broken riser....we get billed for a can of glue. Use it an toss it seems to me the modus operandi.

Bak Pax

Retired K12 teacher
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffnet.org
Hey, thanks for the info. Glad to know the life expectancy of this stuff is so short. That may explain why sometimes, after finding a joint which came unglued, reglueing it, and having it come undone again........... what the problem might be. That is what I like about these forums, I really learn a lot!

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
NOPE, Poor glueing or primer issue.A properly glued joint will not fail.......Upper

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks