TOTO's made in VIETNAM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Handiman

Reaction score
Hey, I just took a tour of some new upscale model homes recently and saw that their TOTO toilets are made in VIETNAM (opened the lid and said on inside of the bowl). They are a two piece toilet 1.6 gallon flush. I thought all TOTO's were made in the USA? Would these be lesser quality TOTO toilet models? Not the TOTO drakes?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One of my customers from Vietnam says that it is famous for their porcelain products.

Toto is very stringent on their production process and inspections.
I've sold plenty of product from Vietnam, and the quality have been good.

With the demand Toto is getting, they have to manufacture in more places now for the US.
When I look at my inventory, about 25% is USA made still.

image.php

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto toilets are made in several countries, including the United States. The key to Toto's success is their quality control. We tend to put down things made is certain countries because it seems we get so much really poor quality things from them. However, if stringent quality control is in place in these factories, they can produce quality goods. For what it's worth, my Toto was made in Vietnam also.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Hey, I just took a tour of some new upscale model homes recently and saw that their TOTO toilets are made in VIETNAM (opened the lid and said on inside of the bowl). They are a two piece toilet 1.6 gallon flush. I thought all TOTO's were made in the USA? Would these be lesser quality TOTO toilet models? Not the TOTO drakes?

From what I've been told TOTO is bigger than American Standard (plumbing) and Kohler (plumbing) combined.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They are made all over the place.
The only thing they do different is when you get a tank from Viet Nam and a bowl from the US they fit together properly and the color matches...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks