Gv

Users who are viewing this thread

G. V.

Reaction score
I installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan 2 Mos. ago, I noticed yesterday that the light fixture under the fan was flickering intermittently but, not in a predictable mode. I called the Co. and was advised to change the frequency on the remote and the receiver on the fan, I have done that several times but with no results, what should I do, the company assured me that there is no danger of fire is this true or do I need to spend days trying different combinations.

GV

G. V.

Reaction score
Yes, they are, they are the ones that came with the ceiling fan and the fixture, they are regular bulbs and very small although they put out at least 40 watts.

CodeOne

Code Enforcement
Reaction score
I would suggest you check all your electrical joints in the fan. a wire nut may not be installed properly and the vibrations could be causing them to make and break.

G. V.

Reaction score
Fan Lights

All the wires were checked for secureness and none found loose in any of the connections, every connection was re-capped and re-taped.
Still trying different combination on remote and receiver, given the fact that I only have 16 possibilities I will run out of options very soon.
Any suggestions will be helpfull.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you could go in and bypass the remote control operator.....just control the lights with a wall switch or the pull chain.....and the problem goes away....then that would confirm a flaky remote control. Could be due to local radio interference....( I often think that my DSL interferes with my AM radio) or could be due the brand....Harbor Breeze.....meaning there was a breeze blowing in the harbor the day that boat landed???

nickdel

Reaction score
If you can't find a mechanical problem - loose connection, bad remote, etc. - by isolating certain parts of the light fixture, then the problem may be interference. Does anything else flicker in the room? Are there any noticeable motors on the same circuit, vacuum, a.c., etc.? Radio? Other remotes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks