Leach field end cap?

Users who are viewing this thread

sciguy2902

Reaction score
I have just finished building a leach field for my septic system. Should I cap the end pipe or should it remain open into the rock? Initially I thought it should be open so the effluent could escape if the perforated holes somehow clogged. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to cap the end to force the effluent to distribute out of the perforated pipe.

Also, I understand that I should put a fabric barrier on top of the rocks to keep dirt out. Can I use weed barrier cloth or is there some special material for leach fields? I read on one site that hay/straw could be used as an alternative but it seems like that would decompose over time and let the dirt in.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Robbie0

Reaction score
I have just finished building a leach field for my septic system. Should I cap the end pipe or should it remain open into the rock? Initially I thought it should be open so the effluent could escape if the perforated holes somehow clogged. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to cap the end to force the effluent to distribute out of the perforated pipe.

Also, I understand that I should put a fabric barrier on top of the rocks to keep dirt out. Can I use weed barrier cloth or is there some special material for leach fields? I read on one site that hay/straw could be used as an alternative but it seems like that would decompose over time and let the dirt in.

Any help is appreciated.

Robbie0

Reaction score
I have the same question as above but I have no idea how to get the reply to him, I'm looking for the answer??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks