In search of a licensed journeyman or master in Hawaii

Users who are viewing this thread

Polyresearch

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any good sites to seek out licensed plumbers in Hawaii? Current I'm looking for either a Journeyman or a Master to work on a project in Honolulu. Obviously if you're a licensed plumber in Oahu and you're reading this post then by all means email me at jgriffith@plumbing911.com or call my Sr. Project Manger Miguel Rentas to setup an interview at 888-883-2920.

Also is there a section within terrylove.com to publish job postings other than the board? I skimmed through the site and nothing jumped out at me. In any event thanks for checking out the post and any assistance you can provided is very much appreciated.

John Griffith

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We don't hear much from Hawaii. Can you tell us what codes the state operates under, and what kind of licensing does Hawaii have for plumbers? Is it mandatory for all, or just union?

Polyresearch

Reaction score
Thanks jimbo

Jimbo,

Thanks for the comment. I'm fairly certain Hawaii is under the UPC 97. The project is private rather than union. Hope this answers your question and thanks again for the comment.

John

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
We don't hear much from Hawaii. Can you tell us what codes the state operates under, and what kind of licensing does Hawaii have for plumbers? Is it mandatory for all, or just union?

Hawaii is currently using the 97 UPC as ammended by the city and county. The state is in the process of sychronizing the license renewal dates to coincide with the 3 year cycle of the UPC for the newly required continuing education requirements (being up to date with code changes). This past year was the first time we had to fulfill the requirement. During the process we fell a little behind in the cycle. Hawaii usually adopts the updated code 3 years after its printing, which means we have been using the 97 code since 2000. It generally takes that long for the city and county to review the code changes and make its ammendments.

According to local statutes everyone practicing as a plumber needs to be licensed. This does not mean that all plumbers are licensed, it is not an enforced requirement, especially under repairs.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. I lived in Hawaii for a few years, in the '70s ( Ewa Beach, Oahu). At that time, as far as I could tell....it was the wild wild west on codes and such!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks