After Pipe Repair, Pump Will Not Cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

leadhead143

Reaction score
I have a Well-x-Trol WX-202 and had to replace a very small crack in a PVC pipe running to it. Jumping the gun and not taking the time to get an understanding on what I was working on, I pulled the schrader valve out to relieve the air pressure on the system not realizing at the time it was contained in a bladder and I probably should have just left it alone and replaced my pipe. After the repair, I plugged my water pump back in and it began to cycle. At this point I had not added any air to the tank but had replaced the schrader valve. I went in the house turned on a faucet and let it run. I got distracted by a phone call and by the time I went back out to the garage (about 3-5 mins) the pump had cycled off and there was no water running in the house. Now the pump will not cycle back on. Everything on the system worked fine prior to changing out the pipe and bleeding the air from the the bladder. My tank feels light as if no water ever went back to it. You can see from the picture there is a shut off valve that is in the open position; I was thinking that it probably should have been closed off to refill the tank. But since my pump will not cycle on, I am dead in the water. I even got desperate and added up to 40 psi of air to the tank but since it appears to have no water in it???? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 0724091028-00.jpg
    0724091028-00.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 153

leadhead143

Reaction score
Don’t think anybody has looked at this question yet but never mind, figured it out. Appears to have sucked some junk into the line that operates the diaphragm. Odd timing or what, I don't know but I guess it just wasn’t allowing the pressure needed to activate the switches.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks