Are all points delivering water?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrjaybov

Reaction score
I have 3 points approximately 20 feet apart set up like a T with my 2hp Wayne Irrigation pump branched off about 5 feet in the middle of the T.

Each point is 19ft down with 7 feet of water in the pipe. 1 1/4 pvc, 3ft 1 1/4PVC point.

First Question:
How can I tell if I getting water from all three points now that they are connected? Before joining them together I ran each point individually for 6 hours with no problems.

Second Question:
For having 3 points and a 2 HP pump, I get about 20 gallons a minute which is close to the volume I was getting with my 1/2hp jet pump that I used for testing each point.

Either my pump sucks (literally) or I have an issue some where..

Any ideas??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As long as the points are all more than 30' deep, then it makes no difference. The pump will pull from all points equally, or will pull from one until it is exhausted and then continue by pulling from the next, and so on. But as a practical matter it will pull from all three to the extent that the resistances of all three become equalized. The final flow will either be limited by the total flow from all the wells, or the capacity of the pump, whichever is lower.

mrjaybov

Reaction score
I have a Wayne Cast Iron Lawn Sprinkler Pump — 5250 GPH, 2 HP, 2inch input 1.5 Output. Model# WLS200

Flow (GPH) 5,250
Volts 230
HP 2
Max. Suction Lift (ft.) 25
Max. PSI 50
Suction Port (in.) 2
Discharge Port (in.) 1 1/2
Self-Priming Yes

To be fair, I'm running 1 1/4 inch wells (3) into the 2 inch and my output (test device for gpm calc's) is a 1.5 inch pipe with a shut off valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks