Broadway Faucet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

oakalley

Reaction score
I have a Broadway Spread faucet set in my master bathroom tub. this was never converted to Ceramic Disc Stem sets, has the original washer type stems. I cannot get the faucets to stop leaking even after replacing the washers in both the faucets. I feel like the seats are bad, but I can't find any replacement seats. Several companies sell the Ceramic disc cartridge replacement stems. My questions are where could I find the seats/washers ? And second, would ceramic disc stems fit and work in my existing faucet body?
thanks very much
Arthur

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As you know, Broadway went under. I am surprised you are finding ceramic stems, but so be it.

When I look at a parts diagram of the compression spreadset, it does not look like a ceramic stem will retrofit into it. Not long enough. The part number for the compression repair kit, which included a seat, is 26.50196 but I don't think you will find it anywhere. I really don't know if the seat was made by someone still in business, but I don't think so.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Nice job finding that. It looks like the stem in the diagrams I have. I know that some of the single handle Broadway showers used Speakman cartridges, so it seems there was a relationship there...so it makes sense.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks