manabloc woes

Users who are viewing this thread

thri11a

Reaction score
manabloc woes (updated with pic)

ok...i posted earlier claiming i had pvc piping as supply lines...on further inspection of the manabloc website, i have the tubing they use (a hard, plastic type of tube that's a little flexible, but not much)

anyway, my supply lines under the sink are too short for my new faucet...I have yet to find the end for this tubing.

I had a plumber come out today only to tell me that he's never seen anything like this and that he doesn't believe they make ends like this anymore (which I don't believe). Then he grumbled that this is why he hates service calls.

I am convinced I will need to cut off the tubing about 8 inches down from where it ends now, and that I will need to crimp new ends to this tubing. I would be happiest if I found the male end to crimp to this tubing as I am adding a female/female extension hose from the faucet to the supply line.

Thank you for the replies.

pix 2.jpg

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Could you post a picture of your setup so we know what kind of tubing you really have?
1. If it's tubing you don't generally use a regular pipe cutter.
2. That would depend on the type of tubing, some types use x some types use y. Most tubing is connected using crimped rings, again depends on the actual type.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pex

1. A sharp knife or a hacksaw.
2. HOW you connect it depends on the type of connector you use, i.e., compression, crimp, slip on, etc. The only thing you CANNOT do is glue it together.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
On the end of that tubing is a brass ½" by ½" IPS double male brass fitting. You can add from there. but there might be a simpler way. Can you post a picture of the new faucet and its supply lines?

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
Longer or extended supplies from the faucet may help.I do see a standard copper pex ring.What size is this pipe?

thri11a

Reaction score
I added the extension hose as well as the male/male brass adapater...the problem is that below the original end, where it is clamped, there is a leak...the plumber believed the part to be compromised and replacement of that part was recommended; however, he doesn't think "that part exists anymore" haha...

so what i need to find is the part that needs to be reclamped to the original tubing...and any tools i would need to do this...the rest of it i have figured out...

i would be happiest if i found a male end to place in the original tubing so i could remove the adapter (just another potential leaky spot)...but i'm content just to get it up and working

thanks

thri11a

Reaction score
is this the piece i am looking for? and do you clamp this piece or just push it into place?

thank you

matt

poly.jpg

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, that will work.
The pipe you have there is old poly tubing that isn't made anymore. That fitting you showed in the picture will work on that tubing. That I believe is the ONLY style fitting made anymore for that particular style of pipe. The big box stores usually have those fittings. If not, you can find a mobile home parts dealer and they should have it.

Hope that helps.

thri11a

Reaction score
I actually found a poly to pex fitting at lowes...i'm putting it in now...will update when i get it finished

my house must have been built at the tail end of poly...it's only 12 years old...man, i wish it had pex instead...hopefully i don't have these poly woes much longer once these fittings are replaced

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks