Pex Design

Users who are viewing this thread

CPmarks

Reaction score
I am running the supply lines in my new house and cannot decide which way to to run my lines. I am thinking about doing it one of the following ways.

a) Use a manifold system that would run a 1/2" line to each room that requires plumbing except for bathrooms would get a 3/4 line instead. From the room I would tee off to that rooms fixtures.

b) same as above but instead of the 3/4 I would run a separate 1/2 in to the tub/showers.

c) Run it in a branch system similar to how copper would be run with 3/4 trunk lines and branch of to the rooms like that.

What are everyones thoughts about what is the best way and the pros and cons of the above.

Thanks.

ThomasE

Reaction score
I just did option (b) on my house. For me, having no in wall or crawlspace PEX connections was the main attraction of this option. Now I only have connections at the manifold (in the garage) and at the fixture, outside the wall.

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
As long as you have enough volume and pressure it all comes down to money.

Cost of materials, labour and possibly the way your house is built all contribute to how much you will spend.

Which style Pex will you be using? Wirsbo? Pex A, B, or C?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks