Using an Takagi TK1

Users who are viewing this thread

bunkerhillmine

Reaction score
I have a new in the box TK1. I know this model has not been manufactured in a number of years. Were there any issues that one would want to know about with this model? It has never been out of the box.

Thanks!

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I have a new in the box TK1. I know this model has not been manufactured in a number of years. Were there any issues that one would want to know about with this model? It has never been out of the box.

Thanks!

Only real difference is that you are not going to have the new and improved heat exchanger. Other than that I couldn't find any real differences.

Now a word of advice if you decide to install this I recommend calling a certified Takagi installer. They will make sure your unit is LP or NG, and install the unit properly for you. Also here is the flow rates of the unit for you to ensure it will do the job for your home.

Incoming water Temp_______ΔT rise to reach 120º ________Flow Rate
40º ------------------------------------------- 80º ----------------------- 3.4 GPM

70º ------------------------------------------- 50º ----------------------- 5.4 GPM

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks