Moen flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Mmarhcs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm building a shower, it will have 2 overhead fixtures and 4 body sprays. I'm told that both the Moen Shower Valve and the Moen 3530 Transfer Valve has a flow restrictors built into them. Moen hasn't responded to my email to confirm this. Does anyone know if this is true.

I'm told that all shower valves available for sale in the US have restrictors.

I'm also told that I can buy both products in Canada where fixtures aren't mandated to have flow restrictors. I live in VT so a Canada trip is easy.

Can anyone she any light on any of this?

Thx. dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The shower valve may not have a restrictor in it, but the showerheads sold here do. Most companies list the gpm rating of the valve in the detailed spec sheets. For what you are trying to do, you might really want a 3/4" valve assembly and supply lines. My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks