Ways to support a pipe 2 feet or so off of wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

jakkwylde

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on ways that I could support a supply pipe that's about 2 feet off of my basement wall (and 4 feet high) going into my pressure tank for movement. I put some split ring clamps with regular threaded rod over the 3/4" pipe and helped but there is still a little bit of movement side to side (although not too bad). Looking for ideas on how I could support this better.

jakkwylde

Reaction score
cpvc pipe mostly what i'm asking about. it comes out about two and one half feet before running down to the tank about four feet. it had to come out so far because of some shady work by the culligan man :(

jakkwylde

Reaction score
here you go

Attachments

• IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 272

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

reroute the pipe against the wall, or cut it off so it goes downwards to the floor, at the brass fitting, and then over to the tank. Then put supports between the pipe and floor with pipe strap clamps attached to them.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Pipe Suport

:eek::eek: I have to agree with the other posts, cut it off and repipe closer the the wall, then add your supports. :eek:

TedL

Reaction score
I would use something other than CPVC when rerouting, unless that's what's used throughout your house.

If you really, really don't want to replumb, run a 2x4 from floor to ceiling, well anchored at each end, next to the vertical run of CPVC, and attach the CPVC to the 2x4 with plastic or copper U straps.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks