Valve makes loud clacking/buzzing noise, leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

craniac

Reaction score
I've got a valve that makes a loud clacking/buzzing noise when it is activated. It sounds like someone is banging the pipes in our basement. Also, the pressure is reduced on this station, and it is submerged in water when it operates.

1. Is this because there is a clog, a leak, a bad valve, or all three?

2. What should I do next?

Thanks.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What kind of valve,and fix the leak.You may just have to change the solenoid.But if it is aged put in new valve,very little more money for all new........Upper

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I am going to guess that it is a Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) and it is in need of replacing...but we need more info to be sure...a pic would help...

craniac

Reaction score
Picture coming soon

I am trapped in a dishwasher repair, but will put a picture up soon. It is old, and it has a solenoid and can be manually opened as well.

onedrop

Reaction score
I have experienced this many times. Often it is the flow control on a valve is turned down too far and the valve can't open properly. This makes the diaphragm bounce up and down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks