Shower Drain Pipe too Short for Drain Assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

ilovedogs

Reaction score
I think I really messed up. It all started several years ago when I just wanted to replace my shower strainer, because it was ugly and rusty. I threw the strainer away and have spend these past years unsuccessfully trying to find a strainer that fits. My great idea was then to buy a strainer with the piece that it snaps onto and replace both parts. Had to saw and break out the piece of the old drain. Can't get the part that I purchased to fit. Then I ordered a Wingtite drain. I understood the directions to say to remove everything to expose just the drain pipe. After many hours breaking off all of the glued parts, I now find that the drain pipe is a tad bit too short to fit the drain assembly over. How can I extend the pipe now?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

You would probably have been money ahead if you had called a plumber way back when before you started chopping things apart. Now your only solution is to cut the pipe lower and install an extension up to the necessary level. Not a big job if you can get under the shower, tremendouslsy big, i.e., maybe not a DIY task, if you are on a concrete floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks