(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Old Delta Valve w/new Delta products?

Default Old Delta Valve w/new Delta products?

I'm looking to replace my old (1999-2001?) Delta Monitor shower/tub setup with the new Delta Lockwood series. Do the use the same valve? I'd love to swap this out myself but i don't want to cut into the wall to replace the valve.

Also, will this older model delta valve work with any other brand faucet? We don't particularly like the Delta stuff, and would like to use something different, but again, i don't want to get into the wall to replace the guts.

Thanks
    Last edited by BuffaloSS; 07-13-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking call the Delta rep in your area

you can swap out quite alot of Delta when you

want to upgrade to higher end delta faucets......

of course they are not interchangeable with other brands.....

I'm looking to something similar ... just moved in and right now there's a 10 yr old Delta Monitor. The plumber came by and said if I could get a model # he could tell whether or not he'd need to cut the wall open (no access way) ... can anyone by chance give any specific info by this pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default delta

What do you want to do with it. It is the early version of the current #1700 series, I believe it was the 1500 model.

The gold plating is peeling badly on both pieces of the unit, the lever as well as the showerhead. We wanted new showerhead (and the neck) and a new lever unit too.

I just spoke with the plumber and they tell me that model is too old to just change the pieces without having to go in thru the wall. We don't have an access panel so I was trying to avoid the expense of having to hire some to repair the wall behind the shower ...

(1) does anyone here have a suggestion for changing the visible shower pieces without tearing up the bathroom wall? (2) on the limited info does this sound accurate (having to tear the wall up rather than just changing the trim ... we were going to get another Delta Monitor set which look the same 10 yrs later IMO)? Thx.
    Last edited by lpennington; 07-18-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Just called Delta Faucets after being tipped off that Delta has a lifetime warranty on finish ... and now they're sending out a trim kit and a new cartridge that will enable us to change our old trim (1500 series) to a new 1700 series that they're providing for free! Also they say that the cartridge will allow us to transition to the new set without having to tear up our wall.

Hopefully that's correct since we have our 1st child coming in mid-August and the $$ saved was truly needed.

What could the plumber have been thinking?

DIY Junior Member stuckwitholddelta's Avatar

Default delta 1500

I was wondering how that worked for you. I too have that shower kit. I was told mine is a monitor 1500 and since the screws are at 5 and 7 o'clock, then I would need to find the plate RP20101 in polish brass then buy the RP29406pb conversion kit. I can't seem to find anyone selling the plate. Did you have any luck?

You've revived a three year old thread, and asked a question of someone who hasn't posted in 2 years. Worth a shot, but don't hold your breath.