Soffit over shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosun

Reaction score
Hi--I'm renovating a bath--need to add lighting and fan--anyone done a soffit over the shower/tub combo for this? Bath runs perpendicular to outside wall for venting--I can just bend the ducting a bit to fit can lighting, I guess. Thinking of a Panasonic fan--how deep (tall) will the soffit need to be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I have 7' ceilings on the second floor of our cape and the upstairs bath has a 6" soffit = 6'6" from floor to soffit and that is fine unless you are very tall.

Bosun

Reaction score
I'm pretty tall

I'll have to measure, but I'm not sure I can give up a whole foot. I'm 6'3", which is a shorty in my family.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Panasonic Fans

Most of the Panasonic fans can also be installed on the wall if your ceiling height is limited.

Last time I checked I think they have one the sits inside a 6-8" opening but most are around 10".

Be careful how it hooks up to be HVAC vent as the HVAV elbow may steal some room from your light.

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Hi--I'm renovating a bath--need to add lighting and fan--anyone done a soffit over the shower/tub combo for this? Bath runs perpendicular to outside wall for venting--I can just bend the ducting a bit to fit can lighting, I guess. Thinking of a Panasonic fan--how deep (tall) will the soffit need to be?

Bosun,
Why don't you get a combination light/fan so that you don't have to go around 'can' lighting?

http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?ProductID=100527 Just for an example. Well short of the height restrictions you may have.

HE

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks