Holding Tank Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

milkman1

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Anyone currently have 3000 to 4000 gal holding tank configuration for their well water? I have 5 to 8 GPM well connected to a 119 gal pressure tank and it’s currently used for irrigation purposed only. I am able to water for approx 30 mins before allowing the well to recover for 2 hours. While this works, I don’t think it’s the most efficient way of using my well. I have no issues with pressure I have a 3HP pump at a dept of 480’ the actual well is 500’ with static level around 60’.

I have about 80 avocado trees to water and a fair amount of landscape around the house I try to keep green. Please let me know if you have a holding tank setup how it’s setup, details such as pump size, power requirements etc. I am epically interested if you are powering it with solar power. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

This is a great forum with very informative members, I lookfoward for new discussions everyday.

Thanks in advance – pg.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
low_yield_well_sub_plan_134.jpg

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The need is to know where.Where your water is coming in.At what depth do you get 6 gpm.If it is 200ft and above ,then solar could pump into a holdin tank and boosted out of that.It also does not matter how big the tank is you still got to fill it.Big does not alwas help........Upper

milkman1

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I was just thinking solar for the holding tank pump; I am hoping to get by with a 1 HP pump from the holding tank.

good points thou!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Solar to fill the storage tank would take that pump off the grid but, at what price? I have found that it cost me much less to run a pump off the grid, than for the extra expense and maintenance of a windmill or solar.

milkman1

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I am finding out it's quite an expensive solution, I heard of people using solar power to run their pump so it peek my interest.
The better solution is adding solar for the home and if the system is large enough all your power needs can be covered including the well.

Does anyone have an idea what a 3000 gal holding tank and a pump will cost around or can recommend me a vendor to talk to?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks