Are Zurn sweat to PEX adaptors reliable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

ThomasE

Reaction score
I was planning to use Zurn PEX (because of the convenience of having it available at the big box stores) and, of course, have been concerned and reading about their failing brass connectors.

However, all the failures I found on the web were brass Ts, brass elbows and brass female threaded adaptors. Has anyone seen or know of failing Zurn sweat copper to PEX adaptors ?

The home run system I have in mind does not require any Ts, Elbows or female threaded to PEX connectors. I will however be using quite a few sweat to PEX brass adaptors and have already used 2 male threaded to PEX adaptors, so I would like to know if those had been/still are problematic.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have to use one 90 elbow for may main line, but plan to make that one myself using a 90 copper elbow and sweat two PEX adaptors to it.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
It's been a while since I looked over the zurn thread, but I believe the fittings failed by the barbed end snapping off from the fitting due to poor workmanship and faulty materials. So I would have to say any Zurn fitting is at risk; assuming they haven't changed their standards and corrected the problem.

Why take the risk of flood over a dollar fitting? You can use a proper copper stubout elbow which will eliminate one brass transition fitting in each line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks