(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Spin a Toto Unifit Adapter Around Backwards?

Default Spin a Toto Unifit Adapter Around Backwards?

I am doing a basement remodel. In one section I want to build out a subwall from the CMU block about about 16 inches to bury large drain and vent pipes above that would otherwise require a soffet. Problem is, if I do that I partially bury my toilet drain opening in the floor. I was thinking I could take a Toto Guinivere, spin a 10" unifit adapter around backwards, and back the toilet up to my new wall. Assuming the backwards Unifit poses no flow problems, and the open back of the Guinivere is open all the way to the floor, my only remaining question is what will be the offset with a 10" adapter? In other words, how far behind the toilet will the center-point of the drain cover on the Unifit adapter be?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you reverse the Unift adapter, the bolts won't be in the right position to hold the bowl down.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

The only way this could work is if you could rotate the entire toilet and fitting 180-degrees. Doesn't sound like that would work in your case.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

if it was mine i would set the unit on floor where you want it and then mark closet bolts pattern on floor. set some studs or red heads, bolt stool down. my question is will fit thru the back of stool? breid

Thanks Terry. Couldn't I do as breid1903 suggested and anchor the bowl down some other way, such as lead or plastic anchors and small-diameter lag bolts?