Water level sensor connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Hi, I have a water level sensor which uses 3 probes. The connections for the 3 probes are simple enough, as is the power supply connection. But my diagram doesn't explain clearly how to connect the actual pump itself. Please see the attached photos. And help greatly appreciated.

The connections for the probes are: 5, 6, and 7. and the power supply 2 and 10.

Attachments

• sensor.JPG
    sensor.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 473
  • sensor_1.JPG
    sensor_1.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 445
  • sensor_2.JPG
    sensor_2.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Three and four look like your normally open or normally closed connections. One would be the common. The one with the zero below it eludes me, but the other hot would go to the lead with the 230 below it (if you are applying 230 votls). I THINK. Don't take this as gospel cause it's not in English and I could be terribly wrong.

Sprinkler

Reaction score
The model is called "Nivelgar". I was told that connections 2 and 10 are for the power supply. I did rig it up, connecting the power to 2 and 10 and got a little "full" light to light up, with the 3 probes in the well connected to 5,6, and 7. I also tried bridging 1 and 3.

But maybe I also have to connect a contactor to the connections 1,3 and 4?

I was just hoping that someone might know exactly how the connections should be done and whether I also need to connect a contactor.

Obviously I prefer to understand exactly what the diagram means...Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Well, if this method is a bit complicated, is there any easier way to sense the level of water in a well about 60 meters deep? My objective is to have a system for turning off the pump when water goes down below a certain level.

Sprinkler

Reaction score
It looks like this would be the right model in my case:
Model CS1PH1-2HP works with 230V single phase pumps from 1/2HP to 2HP

3 questions:

1. Is it very expensive?
2. Is it complicated to wire up?
3. Is that all that is neccessary - just connected between the power supply and the pump?

Thank you.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
1. Is it very expensive? Depends on who you buy it from.
2. Is it complicated to wire up? Nope
3. Is that all that is neccessary - just connected between the power supply and the pump? Yep

Sprinkler

Reaction score
...seems a lot simpler than the 3 probe system...but will it work well, I mean not damage the pump in any way, and turn off the pump instantly when it senses no water?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Using amps to detect a dry pump is very accurate and reliable. Actually this device will wait 5 seconds after detecting dry run before tripping off the motor. You can set it where you have to manually reset it, or it has a timer that can be set from 1 to 300 minutes to reset itself.

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Ok...waiting 300 minutes - 5 hours,that sounds good, to give the well plenty of time to refill; but waiting 5 seconds after detecting no water.....I would have thought the sooner the better - would it be possible to adjust the time and make it say 1 second?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Five seconds, even up to a minute doesn’t hurt anything. It just keeps from having nuisance trips from an air bubble or something that is not a real problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks