Tub Floor Waste Drain/Overflow Pipe Position?

Users who are viewing this thread

gplumb

Reaction score
I am installing a Manchester Tub/Shower C024-0916 (http://www.cctubs.com/Products/Manchester.pdf) made by Carolina Classic Manufacturing, Inc. on a pre-plumbed concrete basement floor. The stud walls haven't been installed yet. So now there are just capped PVC pipes sticking out of the floor. The tub/shower installation drawing calls for 2 1/4" from the center of the floor waste drain pipe to the rough stud wall if I'm reading the drawing correctly. This is supposed to make the floor drain/overflow pipe vertical. This would leave approximately 1 1/4" between the outside edge of the 1 1/2" PVC floor waste pipe and the rough stud wall. I am wondering how much tolerance there is in this placement if I am off on the wall placement?

In other words when the PVC overflow pipe is connected to the Tee from the tub drain can it be re-positioned slightly if needed at the time of installation? I just don't want any surprises after the walls are up and it's time for the shower/tub installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks