Slow drain

Users who are viewing this thread

babaksondi

Reaction score
I am installing a shampoo bowl backwash system for a hair salon. The problem I'm having is that I have a slow drain. Unfortunately the pipe from the sink that I attached to the p-trap is kinda long. It does go downward first but the it turns in an almost 90degree angle and goes to the p-trap. Unfortunatley it's a bit in an upward angle so the water draining slows and backsdown a bit so therefore gravity is not doing all it can do. I wish I could post a picture of it but I can here. If anyone has any ideas I would gladly email you a picture. My email is bsondi@cfl.rr.com. I would appreciate any ideas and input. I also was wondering if I could bring down the p-trap about a few inches lower than where it connects to the wall so I can have a more of a downward flow to the p-trap from the sink so gravity can do its work? Please help asap. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 207

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I would lower the drain pipe in the wall. Also would extend the drain pipe with the trap adapter as close to the sink as passable to be able to properly install the p-trap.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The p-trap is also on backwards.

In many areas this work would need to be done by a licensed inspector and have inspections by plumbing and health inspectors...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks