Wood Floor Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

sctclimbs

Reaction score
5 years ago I refinished my wood floors myself. it came out great except for one spot where I left some swirl marks from the edge sander. Of course it is in a very obvious spot and right over where I installed a nice border of blood wood and birdseye maple. I cant take it any more and want them out. I was thinking I could sand it down with my orbital sander and feather out the area into the surrounding wood to not make it obvious. Thoughts/suggestions?

The second photo is a small area where some wet shoes were left on the floor and caused the finish to fade a little. Can I just lightly sand there with some 120 grit and apply some more finish.

FYI: The floor is not stained and I used a water based poly.

Attachments

• wood floor 0001.jpg
    wood floor 0001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 522
  • wood floor 002.jpg
    wood floor 002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 525

Dgold

Avoid DIYer
Reaction score
That's what I'd try to do. Just make sure you keep the random orbit sander nice and flat -- on edge they can gouge the wood. Maybe start with 80 to quickly flatten it out the ridges and valley's, followed by 120 or 150 to smooth it.

W

walton02

Well,

Many people feel that oak wood flooring is best used only in places like dining rooms and bedrooms because people will not use these areas as much as some other rooms in the home, but with the availability now of engineered oak flooring, it can be used just about anywhere, even the bathroom.

Overall, oak wood flooring is a great way to decorate your home. It creates a particular inviting quality, one that rarely makes an appearance in a home without wood flooring. This type of flooring is essential for any home owner who loves changing the feel of their rooms.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks