(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America at the G8

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Default America at the G8

All of my friends were talking about this yesterday.

About what ????

The G8 in Italy. It seems that the aid fund for Africa has risen from 15 to 20 billion dollars. Major advances on the climate have come from China, India and the United States, and the World Leaders have sent out an unambiguous message of confidence and hope to the public in the face of the economic crisis.

Oh.............

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Major advances on the climate have come from China, India and the United States, and the World Leaders have sent out an unambiguous message of confidence and hope to the public in the face of the economic crisis.
    The warming is not due to carbon...

Talking

You're right, it's probably due to all that methane in BS which emits from:

a) American cattle; and,

b) this forum.

The problem with the Global Warming Theory that carbon is the culprit is Mars, Venus, and other planets have had the same increase in temp as Earth....

I didn't realize Aliens drove big Fords Cass.

Nevertheless, the time has come to cap and trade. The American people have spoken, we live in (your) democracy and I respect that.

Besides, green jobs are just what this country needs. You've got a lot of engineers and skilled manual workers that are struggling to compete in anything else (Zoeller sump pumps aside....they are the best). Other countries lost their manufacturing base years ago.

So grab this high value opportunity, break the dependence on oil, lead the world (again) and run.

His wife should poke his eyes out. He was really looking at her shoes.

Aren't those shoes just awful? He'll need the healthcare reform when Michelle gets hold of him.

Spain just published a report on green jobs...something that country has been doing for a while, and it has been a disaster...Cap and trade...you mean pick pocketing the general public don't you...

When was the last thing Spain built anything that was high-tech or quality? Yes, they do a reasonably good wine and the fruit from there ain't bad but I would not want to drive a Spanish car any more than I would want to eat American bread. They could as much build green technology as America drink tea. A Spanish wind turbine? Don't make me laugh.

If you do not like behavior you tax it. Booze, cigarettes, gas and pollution. It all makes sense, especially if you are the country with the workers that might be able to develop the tax-saving technology. America builds excellent quality products and as long as they are specialized and non-standard can compete. I would buy an American-built wind turbine.

Or are taxes on the other Godly sins OK just because the founding fathers said so?

TOTO manufactures many of their products in America
    Last edited by Terry; 10-18-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Your right...just when unemployment is at 10% and people are struggling to make ends meet you should tax them for using that evil gasoline and make it more difficult to heat their home and get to a company to apply for a job and don't for get those realy bad lights they turn on at night...they need to pay 400% more for electricity...

No, she's a Brazilian junior G-8 delegate, aged 16 called Mayora Tavares.

Fox News is gonna have a ball with this.

Your right...just when unemployment is at 10% and people are struggling to make ends meet you should tax them for using that evil gasoline and make it more difficult to heat their home and get to a company to apply for a job and don't for get those realy bad lights they turn on at night...they need to pay 400% more for electricity...
    No, they'll just adjust their choices. For example, they may choose to walk rather than drive to the shops, or install CFLs in their house. Many countries are starting to prohibit the sale of incandescent light bulbs. In the UK they are now specialty items. I suggest the US do the same.

And for God's sake, where the heck are the diesel pumps in this country? Have you any idea how much cheaper it is to run a diesel car? The European models go well too.

Your problem with diesel is laws going back to the dark ages when it was viewed as a dirty fuel and trucks did indeed cause problems in part of the country. Technology has changed all of that now. This country is so dynamic but I am always surprised at the tricks it manages to miss.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 07-10-2009 at 02:16 PM.