Convert Double Sink to Single

Users who are viewing this thread

Oldcoyote

Reaction score
We are installing a Pegasus granite composite single sink (single drain). This will replace a double drain sink. If it matters, we will also install an Insinkerator Evolution Essential Disposer. The present setup has two drain lines, each going into the "wall". The dishwasher is in a separate compartment and is not invloved with the two sink drains.

How do we close off the extra sink drain?

Thank you

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
use a test plug

115741_front200.jpg

or a qwik cap

res-qwik-caps-main.jpg

rwtheel

Reaction score
I have a similar situation, however I am installing a dishwasher in the side one of the basins was in. I am planning to drain my dishwasher into the vacated drain. Is this okay without a P trap or will I have an issue with sewer gas seeping up?

If there will be an issue with the gas, are there any other fittings I could use to seal the drain and yet allow for the connection of the dishwasher drain line?

Appreciate your response!

Thanks,

Ryan

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
I have a similar situation, however I am installing a dishwasher in the side one of the basins was in. I am planning to drain my dishwasher into the vacated drain. Is this okay without a P trap or will I have an issue with sewer gas seeping up?

If there will be an issue with the gas, are there any other fittings I could use to seal the drain and yet allow for the connection of the dishwasher drain line?

Appreciate your response!

Thanks,

Ryan

If you are putting in a dish washer, tie in to the drain that is still being used through a dishwasher tailpiece and cap off the drain thats not being used.

Don't forget that the dishwasher drain has to go thru an air-gap fitting.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks