Cookie

Reaction score
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/luna-audio/?npu=1&mbid=yhp

Check out the recording to listen to.

moon1.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That US lunar module does not appear to be to code. It wouldn't pass mustard in Maryland. I can't see a handrail on the stairs for starters and the distinct lack of a main stack looks suspect. All those B-vents sloping down has got to be a no-no. What part of the Uniform Plumbing Code did they not understand? Or is this on a well?

Just because you're rushing to get to the moon does not mean you can cut corners, and they clearly have been cut here. Don't get me started on those trip hazards.

Any time you see someone wearing a suit to breathe, you can count your bottom dollar you are going to find violations.

As Kennedy put it, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win but it won't be code compliant, sorry. No-one really follows the codes anyway and we don't really need them round here. etc. etc. "

While the British attempt was a little late (i.e. never) we at least got the AHJ Inspector in.

boeing-307-boat1_12.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Thats pretty funny. :)
I was in Spokane, Washington when they walked on the moon.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I wasn't born then. There are only two events in my lifetime when I know exactly where I was.

Bruges in 1997 when I found out Princess Diana had died

Malawi on September 11 2001 listening on the radio. We didn't have TV there. I thought at first it was a very good radio drama. Then I thought the pilot had messed up. Then I thought air traffic control had messed up...

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
I have the LIFE magazine stashed away
July 25th, 1969
5949888-8x10.jpg

Sept 11th I was roofing my last house
When the Challenger blew up I was working at a convienent store
Princess Diana I do not remember where I was - American in me :(

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Again, the threshold for that door looks a little high. Poor workmanship. Neil could have been injured from a trip before he'd even launched.

Glad to see they remembered the handrail at the Earth end of the trip though.

But a fantastic keepsake.

Cookie

Reaction score
I was about 9 and I watched the tv with utter fascination. I remember my mother saying, " no way, they are in the desert." She never believed for a moment they were really walking on the moon.

I was at home when Princess Diana died, it was all over the tv and it was so sad. She was a beautiful lady and we were married on the same day, the same year, and both our sons, are pretty much the same age.

September 11th I was at work, and it was total confusion. When I first saw the tv at work with the planes I wasn't sure what I was looking at, I think, the mind cannot accept certain things right away. I just kept working.

I was in school, 3 or 4th grade I think, when President Kennedy was shot.
The principal came over the loud speaker and the teacher started crying.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
My first historical date I remember was Nov. 22 1963.

I was sitting in school and a teacher came running in the class room and wispered something to the my teacher...then the teacher started crying a little and then composed her self...they rolled in a TV and turned on the coverage of the assanation of John F. Kennedy. We sat and watched until the buses came and brought us home.

#2 was the first step on the moon...

#3 was the twin towers...9/11...I was at a friends house working on a tankless heater which was eventualy removed and a tank heater installed...We were watching live as the second plane hit and we were confused...we thought it was a play back of the first plane hitting the building...

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Oklahoma City bombing was pretty crazy that morning.

I woke my gf up 3 hours after she went to bed from 3rd shift and she started crying upon hearing about it.

I watched 9/11 unfold before my very own eyes as I was watching NBC that morning and the video was rolling.

I remember reagan getting shot,

I remember Sharon Stone being hot.

And I freakin' love Tater Tots!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you love tater tots try going to the Golden Arches and getting a chocolate shake and a large fry...grasp 2-3 frys and dip them in the shake then eat...you could use tater tots in place of the frys...:D

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
#3 was the twin towers...9/11...I was at a friends house working on a tankless heater which was eventualy removed and a tank heater installed...We were watching live as the second plane hit and we were confused...we thought it was a play back of the first plane hitting the building...

That's what happened to me
I heard about a plane hitting on the radio & turned the TV on
Saw the 2nd one live
About 6 hours later I turned the TV off & walked out of the house
It was the 1st time in ages I drove without the radio on
I didn't even know where I was going
I ended up at my local dive shop & we all talked for a while
I ended ups ending in my Dive Cert paperwork for Master Diver that day
Never occured to me the Cert would be the date filed....Sept 11th 2001

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks