I am new to here and I am looking forward to hear suggestions from all of you. I just began my water softener hunting since yesterday. I have 2 adult 2 kids, last month's water consumption was 13 cubic meters. As I know the water in my area is about 8.6 grains, not sure about iron but should not a problem.
I checked with the kinetico dealer yesterday. They have twin tank and single tank softener. The 2040 is selling $2500 CAD (canadian dollar), included tax/installation. They also has 2030 for about $2200 or 2300 (I forgot exactly price). Another option from twin tank is Q237. This model I can't find from internet, I have the following data from the catalog:
- WQA certified to NSF/ANSI 61
- 5 Year warranty on parts, 3 years labor
- up to 37 grains of hardness removal and 1 ppm of iron removal
- resin volume .3ft
- flow rate at 15psi 9gpm
- sales told that the mineral tank is made in Mexico, others same as 2025, this is a new model to replace 2025.
The 2030/2040 comes with 10 year parts, and the sales lady told me the 2040 comes with fine resin, 2030/Q237 comes with regular resin only. They also has single tank models, price is $1250 for time schedule one, $1550 for usage demand one (I have no models now).
So, based on the information above, if you can share your experience to answer my following quesitons that will be very appreciated:
- Do I need to or worth to go to twin tank? I was told that single tank need about 60~70gallon water to finish the regeneration and take more than 1 hour, forgot how many LB salts. But for the price difference, I guess may need more than 10 years to get the money equal.
- If I consider twin tank, will Q237 the best one fit my case? How the the performance/quality for Q237? It has only 5y warranty on parts though.
- If I consider single tank, should I take kinetico single tank model or consider other brands like Kenmore, GE, Hydroclean HC3 etc?
- After I install water softener system, will I taste salty if I don't install RO water filter system at the kitchen? I guess no but just like to double check. As I have no budget for 2 systems this year.
If I missed any information, please let me know and I will edit this post.