shallow or deep well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

plmitchell

Reaction score
I need a special application pump, and am getting mixed input as to capacity. I will be pumping water from a river over A 200' distance and a 25-30' rise. All pumps I have inquired about rate 25' feet and below as shallow, but don't address the distance to pump. I don't need much pressure as I will just be filling storage barrels. Would also prefer 110 that I can start and stop. What should I be looking for?

Speedbump

Reaction score
A shallow well jet pump can only lift water 25 feet vertically. The horizontal distance is critical too as is the pipe size. So if your trying to lift the water more than 25 feet or even close to it, a deep well pump would be needed. The other option is to put a submersible pump into the river if it's deep enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks