Help needed asap-need to decide now :-( KOHLER K-3611 Highline

Users who are viewing this thread

Mpetva

Reaction score
First of all, Hi to Everyone! I just found this forum.

I am in the middle of having 3 bathrooms remodeled and the contractor installed 2 of the toilets (tall 3 are the same):

KOHLER K-3611 Highline® Comfort Height® elongated toilet with Class Five® flushing technology and left-hand trip lever Toilets

After finally being able to test one of the toilets, I HATE IT!

THE FLUSH IS OK, BUT THE BOWL DOES NOT CLEAN AT ALL...

The contractors answer is to hold the button down longer, but that is just stupid, cause even then not much bowl cleaning action.

After reading a lot on this forum, I know that I should have gotten Toto, but that is not an option at this point.

I need to know which KHOLER toilet to insist upon for the last bathroom??????

Which Kohler model do I need to demand for the master bathroom to get better bowl cleaning action???
Class6?
But which model(s)?

It is vital I tell him today before they demolish the last working bathroom.... He will throw a fit but I will insist on a different toilet.

Please, please help.

Thank you in advance for any help you all can give me.

Karen

Last edited:

Micp879

Reaction score
The class 6 is supposed to have better bowl wash than the class 5. It was obviously pretty pathetic, and it was a huge complaint about those models. in my opinion, the class 5/class 6 are the only Kohlers that flush decently, so I would stick with one of them, and avoid the other Kohlers. Hopefully you will get the best of both worlds with the class 6 (Bowl wash AND strong flush). Dont expect a whole lot of support for Kohler on this website though; they have far too many different parts, and the quality control doesn't seem to be what it used to.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Class Six I tried out has the 360 rinse, but very little water coming down the bowl.
They haven't changed the trapway, so it will clog a bit more often then other brands.
If you aren't clogging the new Kohler, then most stuff will work for you.

I say this because we did clog the Kohler Class Five often.
Not everybody will though.

cim_1_trapway.jpg

Most plugs happen right where the trapway ends.
See the sharp bend at the end.
This is where I find things when I pull the bowl to unplug.
That's a $180 or more service call for a plumber.

Last edited:

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
It appears that the newer class 6 Kohler Cimarron has improved the bowl wash. This guy shows the difference between the two just using salt and pepper around the bowl. The Class 5 flushing system did not clear the sides of the bowl after 3 flushes, but the Class 6 did on the first flush.

Class 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6oWtzGapA&feature=related

Class 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o&feature=related

I've had the class 5 Cimarron for about 3 years. No clogs, but we keep the toilet brush handy....

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you had been around this forum for awhile, you would know that Kohler toilets are not rated very high by the professional plumbers. The Toto toilets are the preferred by most.

Mpetva

Reaction score
thanks to all for your replies! :)

As it is I will have to argue with the contractor to even exchange the one Kohler that is not installed yet.

2 of the Kohler toilets are already installed and I do not think I will get the contractor to take them out and exchange them. I have never done any remodel before so I am learning what not to do with this contractor....sighs..... I will try to get him to take them out and exchange, but I do not think he will! He will have a million reasons not to......

Since the last toilet is still in its box, I am hoping to get at least that one exchanged for a Class 6 one. I am not sure...meeting with the contrtactor tomorrow morning and praying for the best.

Which CLASS 6 Model should I tell him? There are a few different models and I have no idea which one to insist on?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Last edited:

Mpetva

Reaction score
Forget the Kohler and get a Toto. Any model Toto will be better than any Kohler.

I wished I could, but the contractor has been paid for the material and his suppliers does not sell Toto as far as I can see and tell :(

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
If it be Kohler, one with flushometer in tank.
"He who toils here hath set his mark."
(Kohlers snazzy way of admitting to poor bowl wash.)

Micp879

Reaction score
To me, any pressure assist model is more trouble than its worth. Its loud, and the repairs are more complex and expensive. I say just go with a class 6 cimarron, and consider it an upgrade from a class 5. It may not be as great as a Toto, but it will still be better than a builder grade toilet or any of the pegasus/glacier bay junk at the big box store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks