Welltrol bladder

Users who are viewing this thread

ws2354

Reaction score
I have a weltrol bladder. I noticed over the weekend the pressure was 50 lbs, I had the pump and control switch changed in January. I checked the air pressure on the bladder and it was fifty lbs. I bled it down to 30 lbs . Now I notice that when its calling for water , the control switch is clicking on and off from 30 to 50 lbs and the water is pulsating . does this mean the tank is no good . I bought the house 5 yrs ago , the house is 21 yrs old. Any help would be appreciated

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I have a weltrol bladder. I noticed over the weekend the pressure was 50 lbs, I had the pump and control switch changed in January. I checked the air pressure on the bladder and it was fifty lbs. I bled it down to 30 lbs . Now I notice that when its calling for water , the control switch is clicking on and off from 30 to 50 lbs and the water is pulsating . does this mean the tank is no good . I bought the house 5 yrs ago , the house is 21 yrs old. Any help would be appreciated

I'll bet you checked the air pressure with water in the tank. And when you do that you read water pressure, not the air precharge pressure.

So now I'll bet that you simply left air out until you got to 30 psi. If so that means with the switch settings of 30/50 you have way less than the 29-28 psi you are supposed to have with no water in the tank.

So no, you don't need a new tank, you need to shut off the power to the pump, drain the tank and put 29-28 psi air pressure in it and turn the power on to the pump.

ws2354

Reaction score
to gary slusser , thanks for the info. i drained the system down and found that the air was low in the tank . i charged it back up to 28 lbs and the pulsating stopped. thanks again. ws2354

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks