Faucet Output...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck_Lewis

Reaction score
Greetings from Montana...
I was just playing with our well today. Somethings that I noticed...
1. Always seems to be enough water...
2. Pressure tank has 35 PSI of air in it.
3. Well pump comes on at 30 PSI and shuts off at about 47 PSI...
4. Flow rate reasonable.. I.e fills up things like the bathtub...washing machine in a reasonable amount of time...
The one thing that I think is odd is that I can place my thumb over an output orfice... garden hose, faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms and stop the water flow completely.... Is this normal with a well driven water system?
TIA
Chuck

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
3. Well pump comes on at 30 PSI and shuts off at about 47 PSI
I can place my thumb over an output orfice... garden hose, faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms and stop the water flow completely
If your thumb has a surface area of one square inch and it can hold 30#, you're good to go. . .
With my thumb 50 PSI is quite a struggle.

On the other hand,
"Fluid pressure (even as low as 100 psi) can penetrate skin and cause death or serious injury. "

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tank

If the tank has 37 psi of air in it, and the pump starts at 30 psi, there should be a moment before the pump starts when you do not have ANY water flow. You can easily hold back 35-40 psi water pressure.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Greetings from Montana...
I was just playing with our well today. Somethings that I noticed...
1. Always seems to be enough water...
2. Pressure tank has 35 PSI of air in it.
3. Well pump comes on at 30 PSI and shuts off at about 47 PSI...
4. Flow rate reasonable.. I.e fills up things like the bathtub...washing machine in a reasonable amount of time...
The one thing that I think is odd is that I can place my thumb over an output orfice... garden hose, faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms and stop the water flow completely.... Is this normal with a well driven water system?
TIA
Chuck
If your switch is set at 30/47, and the tank has 35 psi air pressure with no water in it, your tank is out of water before the pump comes on and you should run out of water before the pump comes on.

So how did you check the air pressure?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks