1927 Toilet....HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

louiesmom215

Reaction score
We are refurbishing an old family home and would love to retain the fixtures. However, one of the original toilets is leaking. There is another identical toilet that is okay. However, we are planning ahead for the very real possibility that the second toilet will malfunction. The problem is the "neck" that connects the bowl to the water tank. Any ideas on where to get parts for this toilet or, (worse case scenario) a toilet like this one? Trying to attach a picture.....

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 591
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
First thing you should do is check with you local building inspector and see if either of these old monster will pass inspection. There are some conditions that will allow old water hogs like this to be retained, but usually on renovations you must go with low flow designs. This old beasts likely use 7 gallons of water per flush and are really beyond consideration for keeping. I would suggest you look at the Toto line and select one that will meet modern code and last for many years with minimum repairs. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I really can see no sense in even attempting repairs on these things.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
hope it never leaks...

I recently patched ---- repaired one something like this in a home that was up for sale......

the best thing you can do is never---ever touch the unit
if you ever have to re-set the toilet ...then you are done....

If it ever leaks at the spud going go buy about 4 plumbers epoxy tubes made by Hercules....at about 6 bucks a tube

you mix them all up and then paste them around both spuds... the more the better... It is water soluable so you can form it like a clay seal effect that should
last for decades...

I have gotten away with murder
many times this way.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks