Sprinkler Pipe Popping Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Pochi

Reaction score
I am trying to tap into the 1" PVC main service line

So I installed the threaded compression tee. But the 1" main sprinkler pipe which connects to the outlet of the tee, keeps popping out of the compression tee when I turn the water back on.

I tightened with a pipe wrench to make sure the sprinkler pipe is secured but it still keeps slippig out.

Is it because the sprinkler shutoff valve is too close to the service line? I tapped in by going vertically about 6" and horizontally about 10" with the shutoff valve at the end.

I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should use a "slip" compression tee where the sprinkler pipe is glued into the compression tee. But then I couldn't find those at Home Depot or Lowes.

Or is there too much pressure and it needs to be reduced?

Does anyone have a solution or any advice. Thanks so much.

Pochi

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The pressure on the main line may be too high for a compression fitting, but you don't want to just reduce the pressure. Try restraining the pipe, or turning the pressure on slowly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks