can hear water running when neighbors water lawn

Users who are viewing this thread

brendis

Reaction score
can hear running water when neighbors hose down lawn

Hi,

There is this weird thing that has been going on lately. When my neighbors water their lawn (hose), it sounds like someone has water running in our house.

This happens even when no one in our house is using ANY water. Actually there has been two times when I come home from work to see their hose on and to hear that sound from our pipes in the wall.

These homes are about 30 years old and are on separate lots (6000 sq ft each). The houses are not close to each other but the water meters are right next to each other near the curb on the neighbor's side. What could this be??

We also have something like water hammer in one bath. Sometimes the banging goes on in the middle of the night when no one in the house is using any water.

Thanks if you can help.

Last edited:

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you both have metal lines, then maybe that is makin the noise go bwteen the houses.

It could be their faucet has noise in it.

In the clunk in the meddle of the night, mybe its the ice machain in thar fillin up. Or it coud be the tartlet filinn. Check the flapper on thet one. and maybe e'ts it.
If its the ice filler, then get a hammer device and that will stop it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When you hear this, go out and look at your water meter. Does the indicator show water usage?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks