vent locations

Users who are viewing this thread

victorlevin

Reaction score
my cottage has a shower, toilet and two sinks emptying into a septic tank. But the cottage doesn't have any venting in the plumbing.

i want to know what the rules are for installing a vent system: one for each item or after they tie into the main drain?

thanks for the help

victor

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
my cottage has a shower, toilet and two sinks emptying into a septic tank. But the cottage doesn't have any venting in the plumbing.

i want to know what the rules are for installing a vent system: one for each item or after they tie into the main drain?

thanks for the help

victor

Well at this point anything is better then nothing!

Do you have a drawing, showing roughly how the plumbing is done. Where what fixtures are tied in etc. Doesn't have to be fancy!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vents

The simple rule that EVERY trap requires a vent between the trap and the drain connection, and before it turns downward. BUT that could mean many vents or just one depending on how the fixtures and piping are arranged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks