Raccoons

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Any one know how to get rid of raccoons.
I have a family of 5 that crap on top of a shed at the back of my garden.
I tried moth ball, amonia and i started spraying them with a garden hose.
Each works for a small time but doesn't last long.
I don't want to hurt them, i was think of a rose bush and laying on top of the shed to stop them from climbing up.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Sounds like they either get food or a place to crash near there. Usually attacking the problem is better than fighting with the symptoms.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I used to have them in my attic 2years ago and got them out (not sure if it's the same family).
I do see them pulling down the tree limbs on my neighbors tree (i don't think i can cut his tree down).
I have a lot of houses in the area so they are probably living some where else and using this as there toilet.
The guy that got rid of them in my attic says they don't sleep and crap in the same place.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
They can be the hardest nuisances to get rid of, especially if they are in areas you cannot control. Does your town have an animal control office that might be able to step in? Have you been able to talk to any neighbors about the problem?

Can you put up electric fence wiring around the shed? :D Big dog (that's current on rabies shots)?
Sprays and mothballs won't help, which you've already found out.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd say one of these and a long ride... One Way!
http://www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps/1085

1085_m.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks