Sams Club Dual Flush Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

exnfl20

Reaction score
We run a number of sports camps around the U.S. and we went through a huge remodel this year. We did as much due diligence as is possible before making our decisions on the toilet upgrades. We were fortunate to get the advise of a retired master plumber that had no vested interest in the toilet selection.

He (the plumber) said that he had heard some good comments about the one being sold at Sams. The price was around a $100 so we thought maybe there might be something inferior about the toilet. We tested three in our training rooms. We have now replaced over 100 toilets and have not one stopped up toilet, leak, or broken parts.

These toilets get a lot of use from some pretty big fellas and it has been all good. We will be replacing all of our other toilets with this model over the winter.

We did contact the Quality Craft people about parts availability. They were very forthcoming.....if it breaks under warranty the replacements are free and postage is paid. So far no need for parts.

The toilet performance has been much greater than expected. Outstanding price as well.

Quality Craft, 800-459-4409 for parts
http://www.qualitycraft.com/article/customer-service

alexis_toilet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handiman

Reaction score
We run a number of sports camps around the U.S. and we went through a huge remodel this year. We did as much due diligence as is possible before making our decisions on the toilet upgrades. We were fortunate to get the advise of a retired master plumber that had no vested interest in the toilet selection.

He (the plumber) said that he had heard some good comments about the one being sold at Sams. The price was around a $100 so we thought maybe there might be something inferior about the toilet. We tested three in our training rooms. We have now replaced over 100 toilets and have not one stopped up toilet, leak, or broken parts.

These toilets get a lot of use from some pretty big fellas and it has been all good. We will be replacing all of our other toilets with this model over the winter.

We did contact the Quality Craft people about parts availability. They were very forthcoming.....if it breaks under warranty the replacements are free and postage is paid. So far no need for parts.

The toilet performance has been much greater than expected. Outstanding price as well.

Thanks for the review!!! I was looking at this toilet as well for my 30 unit apartment building, current toilets are 20+ years old. Have you run into any issues with flushing power? How does this toilet fair with totally flushing liquid waste and solid waste? Does it handle large solid waste without any plunging (hate those late night calls from tenants).

TERRY have you seen this toilet and what are your thoughts? I need many inexpensive DIY toilets.

exnfl20

Reaction score
Sams Club Toilet Reviews

As part of our remodeling due diligence I relied on the internet and eventually this site for some background. I personally have no experience with plumbing, toilets, etc other than my contact with the plumber I mentioned earlier that made the decision to go with the Sams toilet.

This afternoon he sent me a note saying that handiman had a question.

I will be happy to respond because our decision to go with this toilet has saved us a lot of money (on the puchase price alone we saved over $30,000 over against our earlier choice) We have had not one plugged toilets. We already have seen a 30% reduction in our water expenses over last year.

This is certainly not my forte to be commenting on toilets but when something works out this well I will share it. This is something that really proved itself for us!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I thinks EXNFL20 might just work for Sam's Club or, Quality Craft...

There ain't no way someone could put in over a hundred of these toilets without a single problem...

Not even a clog....

They just aren't that good!

Sho Me! Cause I ain't buyin it! :rolleyes:

exnfl20

Reaction score
Ted

We did order some valves for our toilets today. A may be a bit naive but reading through some of the reviews would make an amateur like me believe that there are no good toilets.

We made an investment and it was a roll of the dice for us. I have finally exhaled. To be honest we did have two toilets that had a small pinhole leak somewhere near the floor. I do not check toilets (I do everything but that) but to my knowledge we have not heard about one plugging incident. Last year we had plungers in every stall.

I have no interest in retail or the folks that make the toilet. We are getting ready to buy some dryers from Costco as we speak. Hope that I can pass out kudos to them as well.

I learned a lot from this website. Thanks for al the input. May give you an update sometime if we have any major breakdown - so far I am a happy camper.

Coldones

Reaction score
Anymore feedback regarding these Sams Club toilets ? For $102.00 they are a great price for a dual flush unit.

I'm stuck between the Sams Club toilet, a Cadet 3, or a Champion 4.

Anything is probably better than the piece of junk Briggs that my 9 year old clogs everyday.

toopooped

Reaction score
I have now had two of these Sams Club / Quality Craft Alexis dual flush toilets for about 6 months. I also own a Toto Drake 1.6g to compare with. Hands down the Toto is a better toilet, but hands down the Sams club is a better value. It's like comparing a BMW to a Honda. Personally, I'd rather buy the Honda and use the savings to buy a second one!

I was concerned about how much water it really used so I rigged up a water meter and played with the settings to get it very close to 1.2 gal but still having a forceful flush. It comes with a single slide lever and I remember it operated the opposite way I thought it would. The manual is of little use - mostly pictures. I don't bother using the #2 button because the #1 button handles everything.

I have actually had the Toto clog once, although that was the first week of its install so perhaps there was something funny in the line. In 6 months I haven't seen either Quality Craft clog. The Toto has a more forceful flush, but the Toto is a 1.6gal vs the 1.2gal Quality Craft. The ceramic seems a little more likely to leave "skid marks" on the Alexis, but my Toto does that as well. It does clean the bowl in one flush, even solid waste with the #1 button.

I don't think the ceramic / design is as tough as the Toto - it doesn't feel as solid. I also didn't like the design of the lid because it has two long "fingers" pointing down to press the two flush buttons and if you don't realize it you pull the lid up & towards you like normal and those fingers almost flip the lid out of your hands.

I just noticed that there's an ECO Drake 1.28gal toilet for $240, but . If I had known that was available I might have considered it against the Quality Craft dual-flush for $110. I agree that parts availability is a concern and the $45 to get the part to your door makes the ECO Drake a better comparison. However, if the $100 makes a difference in whether you save water, or you have a bunch to install, I'd say you'll be almost as pleased with the flush as the Toto Drake for half the price.

exnfl20

Reaction score
You have a large enough investment that you may want to protect it by ordering some stock of any wear parts that cannot be replaced by standardized parts.

Took your advice and called to order spare parts even though we really have not needed any. The supplier said that Sams will be handling the spare parts on their on-line website. They said that would reduce the cost and provide comfort to the customer knowing that parts were readily available. Should be available in the next 30 - 40 days

Our last camp sessions had just under 300 high schoolers. First time we ever got through our summer camp sessions without calling a plumber.

Will be donating 40 toilets to my churches elementary school. They were budgeted for nearly $12,000 for Toto/Kohler but at this cost, water savings, and our donation they should only see the lower water bill.

We will very soon remodeling our kitchens......any tips on what type of watersaving areas we should be looking at? Hoping we can find something with the value and performance that we just acheived with the new toilets.

Quality Craft, 800-459-4409 for parts
http://www.qualitycraft.com/article/customer-service

scaples

Reaction score
If you are beyond the warranty period for parts replacement (I needed a new lid because the cover to the seat snapped at one of the hinges when I was sitting on it... I think it shifted off center and that caused too much stress), the closest matching lid I found was the Aquasource #0092372 at Lowe's. It seems to be precisely as long as the original and the same shape/profile when viewed from above. It has a similar "two hinges" look as opposed to some replacement seats that appear to have the "single bar hinge" look. Additionally, while the contour of the lid is slightly different than the original, it looked better with the design of the Alexis toilet than a Bemis lid (#1580SLOW at Home Depot) and a Tuscany lid (#676-4326 at *******) that I considered.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
This is a classic example of the perils of buying an "orphan" "disposable" toilet to save capital cost in the short run.

Not surprisingly, these toilets are no longer available at Sam's Club, the parts aren't available at Sam's Club, and the manufacturer no longer "makes" (I really mean "imports") toilets. They may have a supply of parts at the 800 number, because they are still in business, but this is precisely why when buying 100 toilets, you DON'T do what this guy did.

Now, when the wear parts wear out, he will eventually have to junk the entire unit and pay to have a new one of another brand installed, rather than replacing a $5 flapper or a $10 fill valve. In less than 4 years, the "manufacturer" no longer makes the product (or any toilet for that matter), and it isn't a design that takes standard wear parts.

He could have bought an Eco-Drake, saved about the same amount of water, probably obtained a significant discount for buying 100 of them, and, when it came time to fix the toilet, bought a flapper or fill valve or flush handle pretty much anywhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks