amount of water coming in

Users who are viewing this thread

Steveleewonder

Reaction score
Hello all...
I have a question on water amount depending on split point.
2inch city water line comes into building, and it splits to another 2inch line(A) by "T" connection, and runs continuously to 2inch water supply line(B).
line "A" has 20 water outlet such as sink, toilets, kichens etc..., and line "B" has 40 water outlets..., "B" water line(group) use(spend) double amount of water than line "A". But sometimes, "B" experience lack of water( pressure drop, amount of water smaller) due to water usage increase in "B" group. my question is if line "B" and "A" swap each other, then it makes any difference on water amount(pressure)? or same? my goal is to improve water shorage situation only in "B" group.
Thanks,

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
How long is the line?

And I'd need to know exactly what kind of fixtures, and how many, are being served.

Then I can tell you if the line is undersized.

Also if the 2" line rises vertically I'd need to know how high it goes because you do have a pressure loss due to the height.

However... assuming the line is undersized you can correct this problem by installing a pressure tank in the system. This will help with the amount of water available and it will also help keep the pressure up.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Definitely not a topic that equates to a forum. These come around from time to time. Can't quite remember the last one but it was some months ago and on a scale with this one.

Steveleewonder

Reaction score
How long is the line?

And I'd need to know exactly what kind of fixtures, and how many, are being served.

Then I can tell you if the line is undersized.

Also if the 2" line rises vertically I'd need to know how high it goes because you do have a pressure loss due to the height.

However... assuming the line is undersized you can correct this problem by installing a pressure tank in the system. This will help with the amount of water available and it will also help keep the pressure up.

I am not asking about "undersized", I am asking if I change line A with Line B, any difference??

Steveleewonder

Reaction score
how would you swap lines A & B? there are too many unknowns to even try to guess how to equalize the pressure

cut the two pipes line "A" and "B", about 1' high from split point, then connect them by cross-way( connect previous A's split point(T-connection point) to line "B"'s uppper line, line "A"'s upper line to previous line "A"'s down-portion...), so that line "B" split first, then runs to line "A"

Steveleewonder

Reaction score
Definitely not a topic that equates to a forum. These come around from time to time. Can't quite remember the last one but it was some months ago and on a scale with this one.

this is new topic and I never asked this kind question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks