Sometimes you just gotta make it work...

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

With a double trap it is not "fill up-drain-gurgle-fill up-drain-gurgle". That would happen if he just had that "S" trap. But when you add a double trap it is "fill up-not draining-not draining-still not draining".

Last edited:

jfls45

Homeowner
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me? What heavy handed big brother is watching out for you place to have restrictions like that... Let me guess, it's in Mass. no wait Oregon. figures bunch of tree huggers out there...

Gotta love the advice Glenn Janie hands out...

Last edited by a moderator:

jfls45

Homeowner
Reaction score
exactly

I think you hit the nail on the head...

But, you guys aren't seeing the Big Picture! Look how much money he has saved by not hiring a professional plumber to do this. Heck, who needs a plumber just to bust out some concrete and run little ABS? I think you all are just worried that folks will find out how simple plumbing is!:rolleyes:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Where I live you don't need permits for small repairs, but dumping gray water after the septic tank will get you in big trouble. As of July 1 doing a job over $500 without the proper contract and a registration number could land you in jail in PA.

Evidently you have the same Draconian Laws in your neighborhood as well... :eek:

But, you guys aren't seeing the Big Picture! Look how much money he has saved by not hiring a professional plumber to do this. Heck, who needs a plumber just to bust out some concrete and run little ABS? I think you all are just worried that folks will find out how simple plumbing is!:rolleyes:

I think you missed the most significant part of his post... Let me reitterantate that point... > :rolleyes: <
I hardly call that an approval...
More like laughing at you....

Yes indeed You can do it yourself...
But, the only thing nice about what you have done is the smooth cement patch!...
Everything else is just a Butchered Up Hack Job!
You received approval of your work from one person only and his advice flat out sux...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well Mr. JFLS45, if you think I was in any way supporting your position, you are sadly mistaken. You have the attitude that codes and inspections are for suckers and are just in place to make money for the local authorities and cause the homeowner grief. Perhaps you should move to India or some other 3rd world country where they don't have codes and inspections. You'll know you are there when your home stinks from sewer gas, your drains don't work, and your water is contaminated. The folks that come on this board asking for assistance with a project are almost always seeking the correct way to do their installation, they are not seeking professionals to give approval for improper designs and methods. Codes are intended to assure community health is protected and that work is done correctly. Yes, do it wrong and the inspectors will get you, but that's why you make sure the job is done properly. Even if you sneak by without inspection, if you ever wish to sell your home, the required inspection then will catch up to you. You will have to rip out the whole thing and redo it to code before you can sell. Professional on this forum and others have given you sound advice on what should be done and why, but you continue to insist on trying to justify what you are doing. If I were you, I'd make a very accurate scale drawing of what you have done and where it is. It will be helpful when you have to break out the concrete and do the job right.

Nate R

Reaction score
:eek: Wow. Went and read some of those other threads.

I agree. DIY is NO excuse for doing it wrong. Especially doing it wrong when you KNOW it's wrong. :mad:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks